Course Cost $75
Section 29 of the Community Care Licensing regulation states:
- To qualify for employment in a community care facility as a Responsible Adult a person must be:
- a) 19 years old.
- b) Be able to provide care and mature guidance to children
- c) Have completed a course, or combination of courses , of at least 20 hours in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition, and
- d) Have relevant work experience.
This course will qualify you to work in
- In an Occasional Licensed Child Care
- In a School Age Licensed Group Child Care
- As a replacement (substitute) for ECE Assistants (for less than 30 days) in a licensed group childcare centre or preschool.
This course is also good for people wishing to open a family Child Care centre.
A 20 hour Certificate of Completion is issued by e mail when the question answers are received.
Responsible adult course consists of :
- SESSION 1 CHILD BEHAVIOUR
- SESSION 2 PLAY
- SESSION 3 OUTDOOR PLAY
- SESSION 4 CHILDREN AND DIVERSITY
- SESSION 5 KNOWLEDGE OF THE WORLD
- SESSION 6 ANGER IN CHILDREN
- SESSION 7 THE CHALLENGING CHILD
- SESSION 8 STRESS IN CHILDREN
- SESSION 9 HEALTH AND SAFETY
- SESSION 10 PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
- SESSION 11 SOCIAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- SESSION 12 COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT
- SESSION 13 SEPARATION ANXIETY
- SESSION 14 STORYTELLING
- SESSION 15 OBSERVING CHILDREN
- SESSION 16 QUESTIONS