Showing all 4 results
Course Cost $75
Section 29 of the Community Care Licensing regulation states:
- To qualify for employment in a community care facility as a Responsible Adult a person must be:
- a) 19 years old.
- b) Be able to provide care and mature guidance to children
- c) Have completed a course, or combination of courses , of at least 20 hours in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition, and
- d) Have relevant work experience.
This course will qualify you to work in
- In an Occasional Licensed Child Care
- In a School Age Licensed Group Child Care
- As a replacement (substitute) for ECE Assistants (for less than 30 days) in a licensed group childcare centre or preschool.
A 20 hour Certificate of Completion is issued by e mail when the question answers are received.
LEARNING DISABILITIES AND DEVELOPMENT DELAYS
What is a learning disability? Some include Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, also specific learning disorders (SLD’s). Workshop provides input on identification of some learning disabilities.
Developmental appropriateness is the first factor to consider when preparing to tell a story. All children can listen to stories starting in infancy. Books for infants and toddlers have very basic story lines and simple colourful illustrations. A typical infant may have only a few hardboard or quilt cushioned like pages. The story may be something like a tour through a farmyard to learn about animal sounds.
2 HOUR WORKSHOP
Children should be continually developing their imagination and creativity across the curriculum. Their curiosity and disposition to learn should be stimulated by everyday sensory experiences, both indoors and outdoors. Children should engage in creative, imaginative and expressive activities in art, craft, design, music, dance and movement.