Under the Child Care Licensing Regulation, ECEs are required to complete ongoing professional development to maintain their certification, and these requirements can be challenging to complete due to the quality and availability of opportunities. We know that accessing professional development is particularly difficult for ECE’s living in rural and remote communities and that there is not always a good selection of quality online or distance education courses. Additionally, more in-depth, reflective, and advanced professional development can often be challenging to find, and to access due to high demand. Government is working to make courses more accessible and affordable so that post-secondary students can complete their education wherever they are in the province.
Workshops on Early Learning
To help address this problem we offer courses for early childhood educators to complete the professional development on line.
There is no waiting for a course to start, as all our courses are downloaded immediately after ordering.
We also offer: –
- The Responsible Adult Course which qualifies you to work in:
- A school age group childcare (Licensed)
- In an occasional childcare (Licensed)
- As a replacement (substitute/ casual/ on call) for ECE Assistants (for 30 days or less) in a licensed group childcare centre or preschool. This does not include replacing an Early Childhood Educator.
- This course should also be suitable for courses required to open a family day care centre.
ALL OUR WORKSHOPS ARE $15 CAD EACH.
These workshops can be completed at your own pace. You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of each workshop.
If your Province or Preschool accepts clock hours, that you complete in an online workshop, these workshops will count. B.C. has been accepting our work-shops as hours completed toward re certification of your B.C. License to Practice for over five years.
Some States in the USA accept our workshops.